Thursday, January 11, 2024

Money Saving Tip: Tax Breaks for Residents of Some Cities/Yishuvim


Do you live in a border town or development town? Many of these places offer a tax break for full-time residents. The percentage varies by community, but even if you only get a small break, you don't want to miss out on this! To get this tax break, you'll need an "Ishur Toshav" for tax purposes, which must be updated every January. Your employer or accountant will need it.

You're eligible if you've been a full-time resident of an eligible city/town/yishuv for at least 1 full year.
If you're eligible, your moetza or iriya will have a way to get it - most likely on their website.

Here's what I found on my moetza website:

So be sure to take care of this! Visit your municipality's website and get yours, and get your tax break!

List of additional cities and towns approved for 2023-2025 ONLY, at 12% (info in Hebrew)

It seems the percentage varies widely - and can change from one year to the next.

Hope you found this helpful! If you did, please share and also, join my Facebook group and follow my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting on Frugal and Kosher! From now on, all comments are moderated, because of the unfortunate prevalence of spammy comments. Thanks for understanding!