1. Wash your laundry in cold water.
2. Turn off lights and unplug appliances that draw energy even when not in use (like your printer or coffee maker with a timer, etc). (Find out how much energy your appliances use!)
3. Use fans instead of the air conditioner. Do not use blankets in the summer when sleeping.
4. Wear sweaters and other warm clothing in the winter, instead of running the heat. Use very warm blankets in the winter!
5. Consolidate your errands. If you are going out, especially if you are taking a car, plan to do errands that fit into your route. Never drive a long way for just one errand!
6. Eat at home, and eat your leftovers. Or at least freeze them for next week. It's so sad when food has to go in the garbage...
7. Do not go shopping just to fill your time. EVER. Only shop when you must, and always with a list. Do not make impulse purchases! I even write a list when I'm doing non-grocery shopping. Otherwise we fall into the "I want" trap.
8. Use diluted vinegar or baking soda for most of your cleaning tasks.
9. Buy milk in bags, not cartons (assuming you use several liters/week).
10. Quit your expensive unhealthy habits (i.e. smoking, diet sodas, daily iced coffee, etc).
What money saving strategies do you use?