Israelis can now put their cellphone numbers and landline phone numbers onto the new "Do Not Call" List. When you do this, you will be protected from receiving unsolicited sales calls.
AND, if you still receive an unsolicited sales call, you'll be able to fill out an online complaint form so the company will be fined.
This is really big news - we've been waiting YEARS for this!
I highly recommend you sign up and avoid having to worry that you'll get talked into paying for something you don't want.
I also recommend to those of you out there who have an older (senior) family member to look out for - sign up their number! The form offers the option to sign up on behalf of another person - use it!
Note: this will not stop all calls. Some calls, like those from companies you have a contract with, are allowed, and if you reach out to a company for information, they are allowed to call you and follow up.
This is about those truly unsolicited calls.
Here's how to sign up:
- Register for the list in one of the following ways:
- Online at https://dnc.fta.gov.il or https://firstname.lastname@example.org#!registration
- Register over the phone by calling 1-800-071-171 (automated system)
- Register over the phone by calling 1-800-071-170 (these calls are answered by a person. only available Sundays from 2-5pm and Mon-Thurs, 9:00am - 1:00pm)
- By reaching out over whatsapp using THIS LINK
The sooner you sign up, the sooner the protections go into place. The law goes into effect on Jan 1, 2023, but only applies once your number has been in the database for 2 weeks.
If you receive an unsolicited sales call, you can report this violation by filling out the form here: https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/DncComplaint@Cpfta.gov.il
Hope you found this helpful!
If so, let me know below! And if you want to keep in touch, please follow my FB page!